Earlier this week the lovely Ali of Dressing Ken nominated me for the Liebster Blogger Award! It is such an honor to receive the award from a blogger I adore after I started blogging here just over a month ago. Liebster is a German word that means "sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome". This award is given to up-coming-bloggers with less than 200 followers (I'm assuming refers to GFC or Bloglovin). From what I found on the awards origin, it was started by a German blogger and the rules were to nominate 3-5 bloggers with under 3,000 followers. I'm not sure when and where the rules changed, but they are currently-
1. Each blogger must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers, with less than 200 followers, and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. You cannot tag your tagger back
11 Things About Me (some of these are also on my about page)
1. I love old movies. Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffanys, and Singin in the Rain are such classics.
3. I think it would be fun to learn how to surf...
4. And snowboarding in the Alps would be fun too.
5. I have two ferrets- Ringo and Peanut Butter.
6. My dad is a fashion photographer.
7. My favourite colour is pink... you know, in case you couldn't tell. ;)
8. I have never dyed my hair. Natural blonde always and possibly forever. ♥
9. I played American soccer (UK football), swam, and did gymnastics when I was younger.
10. East Asian food is my favourite food.
11. I'm a night owl.
1. When did you get in to blogging and where there any blogs in particular that inspired you to get in to blogging, or was there something else that inspired you to start blogging?
The most influential blog would be The Sitch on Fitch, where I've been blogging since October. And after a few months of learning more about blogging and reading other fashion blogs like Dressing Ken and Reinvent Yourself, I decided to start my own (on 5 April 2013). All of the fashion bloggers that I had read were of course big influences themselves. C.E.R, editor of TSOF and good friend, has also been like a mentor to me. And without my dad I probably wouldn't have gotten to attend/be apart of so many fashion events over the years.
2. Do you like to travel and if so, where have you been?
I dream of traveling more, especially in Europe. I have gotten to travel in the states a bit though. My favourites have been Chicago, Milwaukee, California, Texas, and Florida.
3. If you are not one of those people that claim they do not own a TV, what are your 3 favorite shows and why?
I think I'm going to go with three older shows. I feel like I kind of grew up with "Gossip Girl". I loved its glamour, fashion, drama, and the cast. Rory in "Gilmore Girls" was a bit of an idol for me. The fact that she knew she wanted to be a journalist her entire life was something I can relate to very much. And "Sex and the City" (as well as new "Carrie Diaries"). Carrie Bradshaw, another writer with great style is one I also relate to. I actually got into the series a little later- uh this year- but I'm so glad I did.
4. Is your blog more of a hobby or do you see it as a business?
It might be a little early to tell right now, but I think it would be incredible if I could blog here as a full-time career.
5. What do you do when you are not blogging?
When I'm not blogging about fashion, I'm thinking about fashion, shopping, and attending fashion events.. not so far from the truth. ;) But I also love reading- usually realistic fiction and fashion magazines- listening to music, and spending time with friends.
6. From a fashion stand point what era do think had the biggest or most profound effect on fashion?
The 1920s seem like an obvious choice with the 1920s/Great Gatsby obsession we seem to be having, but besides just the flappers and their bobbed hair and sparkly dresses there was Coco Chanel. In October 1926 Vogue featured her LBD and called it the "garçonne (little boy look)". Chanel took a lot of influence from practical menswear looks.
7. What is the worst job you have ever had?
I don't think I've really had a 'worst' job yet... and I hope I never do.
8. What did you want to be when you were a child?
What I wanted to be as a child is what I still want to be- a journalist. I would love to write for a fashion magazine and work with the designers and models. Though if this blog could become my full-time career that would be amazing too. :)
9. Do you own a tablet? And if so do you like to look at magazines on your tablet or do you still like holding a magazine your hands? How does technology effect your life?
I don't own a tablet and I think I would still like reading my magazines in print even if I did. Technology is major in my life though, especially as a blogger. I am constantly on my laptop or phone, reading fashion articles/blogs, comments, writing, or checking my social media pages and email.
10. What do you do for a living?
Fashion Blogger, 'freelance model'.
11. If you had a job interview to go to, what would you wear?
It would depend on the job, but I would probably work in a blazer and heels. And I tend to change entire planned looks the day of.
And I tag- Rachel of Oh Hey There Rachel!, Jason of Le Garҫon in Stripes, Julie of Street Lily, Sam of Savvy City Chic, Viviana of Fashion Truffles, Riccardo of Guy Overboard, Kayla of LoveLucyGirl, Mahnoor of Mahnoor's Haul, Caroline&Olivia of Lovely in Lipstick, Kim&Chloe of PopCosmo, Tegan of EnLove with Life.
1. Why/When did you start your blog? And how did you choose your blog's name?
2. Which celebrity's style do you admire?
3. Do you spend more on shoes or clothes?
4. What is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you?
5. What is the last book you read?
6. Which movie are you most excited to see next?
7. Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
8. What is the most important quality in a friend?
9. What is your current favourite beauty product?
10. Neon or pastel?
11. What are you most excited for this summer?
xoxo Aimee ♥
xoxo Aimee ♥