Trend Forecasting | Chic Athletique

Hey Gorgeous Readers!

My athletic ability pretty much extends to yoga and shopping (fellow serious shoppers understand the stamina, patience, and concentration lol). Even with my generally hipster/classic/fashionista/preppy style (as defined by Little Black Bag naturally) I agree a bomber jacket or bright chic track jacket is totally cool. Btw. Little Black Bag says I'm a Little Studded Bag, but that's for another post.


This week the sun started to come out and grass is starting to show under the snow and ice. So now is the time to get active or at least look Olympic-ready-athletic. I'm not sure if the warmer weather influences us to brighten our wardrobes with electrifying colours or we're just trying to convince ourselves Summer is coming, but runways were bold for SS14.

Nearly every designer took on some athletic details in their collections. Namely, Tommy Hilfiger, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Balenciaga, and Prada. From scuba dresses, to long bomber jackets, shiny 80s fabrics, and crop top/high waisted short shorts each collection was far from sweaty gym clothes. The colours are the collection were energizing, invigorating, and fresh. Orange, red, blue, green, peach all felt crisp and clean with the structured silhouettes. Strappy sandals were the main shoe trend to match the cool trend, but not to be mistaken with actually hitting the gym. Hair was sleek with middle part or slight windswept waves in a just-out-off-a-hair-elastic kind of way.


Red and orange were outspoken in many of the collections, but there was also some lighter greys, blues, and lilac. Shimmery 80's fabric and fluid silk and organza amped up the structured and sporty fits. The trend was is just as much about glamour and luxury as it is sport and athleticism.

Stay Fabulous,
xoxo Aimee

1 comments:

  1. I love this trend board! The athletic chic look is my favorite, not I need to start purchasing more jackets. Also, I like your new blog layout -xx

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of my fabulous readers! Thanks for reading/commenting. :)
If you have a question or want to work with me though, please check out my contact page.

Bows & Beau-Ties All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger