Sewn-In | Canvas Bags

Sewn-In, Bows and Beau-ties, fabric, clothing material
Hey Fashionable Guys&Girls

Canvas seems like such a 'summer' fabric since its used in sails, backpacks, tents, and beach bags. All things that come to mind when I'm thinking of my dream backpacking or boardwalk holidays.. ok so I wouldn't be roughing it so much with a tent and backpack, but I might use a cute bag while shopping before spending the night in a relaxing hotel.

"Modern canvas is usually made of cotton or linen, although historically it was made from hemp. It differs from other heavy cotton fabrics, such as denim, in being plain weave rather than twill weave. Canvas comes in two basic types: plain and duck. The threads in duck canvas are more tightly woven. The term duck comes from the Dutch word for cloth, doek. In the United States, canvas is classified in two ways: by weight (ounces per square yard) and by a graded number system. The numbers run in reverse of the weight so a number 10 canvas is lighter than number 4."

Sewn-In, Bows and Beau-ties, canvas, Coach, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Brooks Brothers, French Connection, Fossil, Rebecca Minkoff, Jack Willis, Michael Kors, Kate Spade


1. Coach Bleecker Beach Canvas Tote with leather bottom and strap. The bag comes in six colours all with extra pops of colour in the strap. Like yellow, orange, and navy in the mango bag's strap. The navy one, pictured, has teal and brown. The bag is 20"x14.25"x7.5" with a 6" handle and 19" longer strap.

2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Mini Satchel with colourful floral canvas and leather. The bag is 8"x7"x3", but can be expanded with the zippers in the front. The handle is 2" and the longer crossbody strap is 26".

3. DEZSO Tulum Wave Tote with summer waves print and neon red detailing and navy lining. Or it can be reverse to be a navy tote with wave lining, but personally I wouldn't want to hide such a great print. The size is 17"x21"x3.25". 

4. Me&Emee Cotton Canvas Tote with Leather Handles, simple and to-the-point this is a cute beach bag. It closes with a snap button and is 15"x14".

5. Brooks Brothers Waxed Cotton Canvas Bowler- not really a 'beach bag', but great for holidaying with 'waxed cotton canvas and calfskin' and chambray lining. There are also two slit pockets and a zipper pocket inside. It measures 15"x13"x5" and has a 7" handle.

6. French Connection Canvas Beach Bag with super fabulous geranium rose trim.

7. Fossil Shay Shopper with both interior and outer pockets. The bag closes with a snap button and is 15"x4.5"x13" and 9" handle. It's really too hard to pick a favourite design with multi-blue and tan, pink/tan/and Neon yellow, and yellow floral.

8. Rebecca Minkoff Canvas Zip Top Tote with mint blue detailing and polka dot lining. The size is 15"x13"x5" with a 10" handle.

9. Jack Willis Malvern Beach Bag with adorable nautical print- little sailboats.

10. MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Marina Striped Grab Bag with more nautical inspiration through stripes and rope handle 'knotted through grommets'. The lining is monogrammed and includes a zipped pocket and four open pockets. It measures 12"x13"x7" with a 7" handle.

11. Kate Spade New York South Of The Border Bon Shopper with sweet Popsicle print- what could be more fitting at the beach? The interior pocket even has another Popsicle with a '50 cent' label. It is 13.5"x12.3"x4.9" with a 8.5" handle.

Stay Fabulous,
xoxo Aimee 

11 comments:

  1. Of course I would love the Kate Spade! HaHaHa It's gorgeous! Love canvas bags :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the Rebecca Minkoff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Jack Willis Malvern bag is adorable! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good canvas bag is essential to summer in my opinion. I am loving that Coach bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to pick one that I really loved but seriously, they're all adorable!!

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post!! I really love the flavor bag :D

    www.oopsimadeitagain.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I was trying to choose my favourite but I love/want # 1,4, 10 & 11!!
    Great choices.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Philip Lim bag is amazing! So pretty!! I love the floral pattern on it.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god, those bags are all so cute! I really love tote bags because they're very easy to carry and to handle. It also has enough space to cater with all the things I use and put those bags. However, my style I also use little canvas bags where I separate all my things that I put on my bag. So, from my tote bag I also have little bags inside to keep it all arranged. -wholesalebackpack.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of my fabulous readers! Thanks for reading/commenting. :)
If you have a question or want to work with me though, please check out my contact page.

Bows & Beau-Ties All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger