Trend-Spotting | Cocoon Coats

Hey Gorgeous Readers!

It's not really feeling like Fall here yet, but NY SS14 Fashion Week is just three days away! Wish I was going this year; if you're going, send me your post links. :)

Personally I don't think I'm ready for Spring/Summer shows again, but I am looking forward to Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Lattes (have you gotten one yet this season?), falling leaves, and Fall coats-- like these Cocoon Coats.



Cocoon coats are like cloak/coats with their loose fits. I think there is something so classic, but cool about the silhouette. The shape was popular in the 20s, became slimmer, and then got puffier and more dramatic again in the 80s. (source)

With the looser fit, you can easily pile on the layers underneath. With Fall's warm orange and green colours (and Pantone's Fall Fashion Colour Report) I'm loving the Oscar de la Renta (Favourite!), Freda, Halston Heritage, and Marc by Marc Jacobs ones. I actually wasn't sure about the dot pattern on the Marc Jacobs coat at first, but it's starting to grow on me... what do you think?

Stay Fabulous,
xoxo Aimee

5 comments:

  1. Love these coats. I've been thinking about getting one. That Marc by Marc Jacobs one is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cocoon coats... they just sound cozy and fabulous, don't they? That green one by Halston is gorgeous.

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coats, The Freda is my favorite!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Oscar de la Renta coat is beyond gorgeous - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving that Freda coat the most.
    Great options.
    Enjoy your week-end.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of my fabulous readers! Thanks for reading/commenting. :)
If you have a question or want to work with me though, please check out my contact page.

Bows & Beau-Ties All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger