Pantone 2015 Colour of the Year | Marsala

Hey Gorgeous Readers!


Every year, Pantone announces their colour of the year. The 2015 colour is Marsala, "a naturally robust and earthly red wine." My first impression was that I wasn't really in love with it. I like bright and fun or sweet and pastel colours. This just seemed so dark and not very pretty. 


As an accent, however with the white or blue, like in this photo, the colour is growing on me. I don't like it on its own or as the main focus of the outfit. I think the colour is best suited for traditional interior designs as it is a very rich and warm colour. I don't think I would like it in a beauty product just because I don't like a brown-red and would prefer a brighter red for a lipstick or nail polish.

Looking back on the past few Pantone colours of the year- Radiant Orchid, Emerald, Tangerine Tango, Honeysuckle, and Turquoise- this year is starkly darker.

Looking at the SS15 trends being the 1970s, leather, and tulle the colours seem to be more pale reds, yellows, blues, and greens. 

Marie Claire

Marie Claire
I also don't really forsee Marsala being a main focus in FW15 either. Except a bit in an Eastern Euro trend.


What do you think about the 2015 colour of the year? Will you be wearing Marsala this year?

Stay Fabulous,
xoxo Aimee 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of my fabulous readers! Thanks for reading/commenting. :)
If you have a question or want to work with me though, please check out my contact page.

Bows & Beau-Ties All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger