OOTD | Textures and Layering


Hey Gorgeous Readers!

It got above freezing for a few hours. Yayy... which felt super warm compared to the negative temperatures lol.. so I decided to take advantage of the warm-er weather and take some OOTD (outfit of the day) photos. While I didn't account for the snow still in the park where I wanted to shoot, my boyfriend still helped find a closer area so I think I owe him chai tea lattes now..

If you've been reading my blog or have been following my instagram for awhile you know I don't take a ton of OOTD photos, but after reading some other bloggers' tips about shooting in the winter despite its challenges I was really inspired to try something new on the blog.

I still needed to layer because it's nowhere near summer weather, so I picked my plaid flannel button down under my unbelievably cozy over-sized knit sweater and a faux leather jacket.






Then, I accessorized with my blue Tommy Hilfiger bag, a small gold ring, and my suede brown oxfords. My motorcycle ankle jeans (they're more dark blue like they seem above and in the shoe photo) with the zipper detail were the perfect length to show off my shoes and the slim fit was great with the over-sized sweater.

I really like how the colours went together even though blue, black, and brown are hard colours to mix sometimes. I also loved mixing so many textures- knit, flannel, faux leather, and suede. I think adding other textures while layering makes the look a bit more interesting. That's probably why I have such a fascination with mixed media jackets..

Lady kept trying to get in all my photos..
Sweater: Aerie
Flannel: Similar
Jacket: Similar in brown
Jeans: Similar
Oxfords: Similar in faux leather
Ring: Similar Arrow Ring
Bag: Similar Print and Shape


Stay Fabulous,
xoxo Aimee 


The challenges of Winter OOTD and mental note
not to wear suede in the snow again. haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of my fabulous readers! Thanks for reading/commenting. :)
If you have a question or want to work with me though, please check out my contact page.

Bows & Beau-Ties All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger