I Tried Kristen Leanne's Tutorial

Hey Gorgeous Readers!

I love watching YouTube makeup and beauty hauls and tutorials for inspiration even if I don't follow the tutorials for daily use. Today though I was inspired by Kristen Leanne's Starry Eyed Music Festival look to follow along step-by-step. I didn't have the same primers and high lighters, but I was super excited that she used Urban Decay's Electric palette because it's one that I rarely use. The colours are actually pigments-- so, truly bright colours you can even use as hair chalk or body paint. I typically use them as eye liners.

She did have some stars which I unfortunately did not have, but I added a little Urban Decay Heavy Metal glitter in Midnight Cowboy to add a little sparkle.


While my eyeshadow looks a bit lighter in person than it photographed it was a little darker than Leanne's because I blended more. This took more time than I thought it would as my first attempt at it. If you spend a long time trying to get your wings even on a normal eye look, this will require some patience because your lid isn't a guide for how much eyeshadow you're applying and in Leanne's look the wing goes out toward your temple. You may need to stop and clean it up a little while applying, like I did.


I used the brush that came with my Urban Decay Electric palette for the eyeshadow along with these five brushes-- Elf Complexion, Concealer, Small Smudge, and Blush brushes, and a small round brush from a drug store set.



Along with my Electric palette I also used Colour Couture bright pink eyeliner, and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils in Asphyxia and Chaos under my eyes. I used the same colours from the palette as Leanne-- Savage, Gonzo, Fringe, and Urban.

On my face I used my Elf foundation and concealer both in fair (which I forgot to include above). I used Too Faced bronzer in Snow Bunny and Sephora blush in Rose over that and set it with my Guerlain Meteorites in 02. To highlight on my eyelids, at my brows, temples, and cheekbones I used Kryolan highlighter in cashmere. Then I used Benefit Watt's Up on my forehead, nose, cupid's bow, and chin. On my eyelids and just slightly under my waterline I primed with Urban Decay shadow primer potion and Pacifica shadow in etheral. I finished the look with L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Rock mascara in waterproof blackest black, baby lips sunscreen balm, Buxom lip polish in Berry Blast, and Urban Decay Heavy Metal in Midnight Cowboy.

Stay Fabulous,
xoxo Aimee ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of my fabulous readers! Thanks for reading/commenting. :)
If you have a question or want to work with me though, please check out my contact page.

Bows & Beau-Ties All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger